OLAES® Hemostatic Bandage
The World's Most Versatile Trauma BandageSKU: 85-0020
The World's Most Versatile Trauma Bandage
The OLAES® Hemostatic Bandage combines the globally recognized OLAES® Modular Bandage with battle tested HemCon® ChitoGauze® PRO to create the most comprehensive trauma bandage for multiple injury profiles. Both proven life-saving devices are now together in a single, easily accessible package to increase any level of pre-hospital care provider’s treatment capabilities while reducing application times and saving space in your kit.
One of few CoTCCC recommended hemostatic dressings, ChitoGauze® PRO features chitosan as the hemostatic agent, is X-Ray detectable, and is located inside the bandage’s wound pad for rapid access at the point of injury. The included hemostatic gauze is located inside the bandage’s wound pad for rapid access at the point of injury.
The convenience of having both products in a single kit item allows you to have more time to focus on treating your patient rather than locating and opening multiple packages. Its flat packed version easily fits into most standard IFAKs, giving you options to best fit your trauma kit space requirements.
It was designed with direct input from some of the most experienced combat medics in the world, first responders here at home, and our end-users so no details are left out, making the OLAES® Hemostatic Bandage the best multi-functional piece of gear inside your kit.
- Made in the USA
- FDA Registered
- CoTCCC Recommended Hemostatic Dressing
- X-Ray Detectable Gauze
Increase your hemorrhage control capabilities by immobilizing the extremity using the RISE™ and incorporating the SOF® Tourniquet into your med kit! You can also find the original OLAES® Modular Bandage here.
Parts of the Bandage:1) Hemostatic Gauze
- Stocked with 3"x12' of ChitoGauze® PRO hemostatic gauze, ideal for a variety of applications and wound surfaces.
- Generates focused pressure on the wound site to assist occluding damaged vessels. It can also serve as a rigid eye shield for ocular injuries per CoTCCC guidelines.
- Covers the injury site to assist with sustained bleeding control and keep the wound clear of debris. Its non-adherent compartment keeps gauze tucked neatly inside for rapid access during application.
- Built-in Hook and Loop Control Strips stationed along the bandage's elastic wrap prevent accidental unrolling during application.
- Secures the gauze and wound pad to the injury site and assists in maintaining consistently applied pressure.
- Locks the bandage into place to free up the user's hands to treat other injuries or casualties.
- Intuitive, rapid access to the sterile bandage is achieved through multiple tear points indicated by red arrows at each package corner.