SOF® TourniquetSku : 84-0009
Built for Survival. Engineered for Efficiency.
The SOF® Tourniquet sets the benchmark for prehospital tourniquets. Designed for rapid one-handed and two-handed applications, the SOF® Tourniquet’s reinforced, low-stretch polyester pressure band easily slides over an arm or a leg. Its durable buckle quickly unhooks and rehooks, allowing access to confined spaces and trapped limbs.
A patented indicator wedge is stitched beneath the windlass to visually confirm when all slack is removed, ensuring an effective application. It features a patented aircraft grade aluminum windlass rod with a textured grip for consistent twisting. The windlass secures into a Tri-Ring Lock™ and Tourniquet Retention Assistance Clip™ (TRAC).
- The preferred tourniquet of elite military forces and first responders world-wide
- The tourniquet of choice by 7/10 of the USA’s largest police departments
- Meets new ANSI standards: 100%
- JEMS Hot Product from EMS Today 2021
- Exclusive tourniquet of the American Red Cross
- 5” machined aircraft grade aluminum windlass rod
- 1.5” reinforced, low-stretch polyester strap
- Detachable, UV-resistant, high-strength composite friction-lock buckle
- Tri-Ring Lock™ and Tourniquet Retention Assistance Clip™ for windlass securement
- Low-profile with no catch points when folded and staged
- Easy one-handed application
The SOF® Tourniquet was designed by Special Forces medics and has been rigorously tested on and off the battlefield. It is the preferred tourniquet for elite military forces and emergency first responders worldwide.
Take your hemorrhage control capabilities to the next level by incorporating the OLAES® Hemostatic Bandage into your med kit!
Noteworthy Features of the SOF® Tourniquet:
1) Performance Compression Band
- Reinforced polyester webbing maximizes compression during the application process. At a true 1.5" width, the performance material glides through the Rugged Buckle for quick, snag-free operation and minimizes loss of pressure over time after application.
2) Slack Indicator Wedge
- Stitched into the Performance Compression Band below the windlass. The contrasting wedge offers a visual confirmation you have pulled all excess slack from the band. This is a critical step for proper tourniquet application and results in fewer windlass rotations required to reach occlusion.
3) Rugged Buckle
- Engineered to remove excess slack in a single fluid motion. The buckle's shape stabilizes the Performance Compression Band at any angle of engagement. The Rugged Buckle is an advanced, lightweight composite design with superior strength over previous versions.
4) High-strength Aluminum Windlass
- Machined from a single aircraft-grade aluminum bar stock, the 5.5” windlass features signature conical ends and grip-friendly texture for consistent torque. Its anodized finish minimizes impacts from environmental elements for durability in any scenario.
5) Tourniquet Retention Assistance Clip™ (TRAC)
- Conveniently holds the windlass in place until you can secure it into the Tri-Ring Lock™. The Trac provides steady handling during tough applications and enhances control for one-handed movements.
6) Tri-Ring Lock™
- Complete the tourniquet application by securing the windlass into the Tri-Ring Lock. It can easily be manipulated with just one hand and prevents the windlass from shifting during patient movement.
7) Time tag
- A tag for documenting the tourniquet application time.
Never settle for a cheaply made tourniquet. SOF is super trusted/reliable and easily deployable. The metal windlas feels sturdy and it’s very easy to fasten and tighten the straps with no hiccups. As a medical provider, I 100% recommend this for novice, intermediate, or advanced medical supply setups. One of the most important (if not important medical tools to have in your set up.
Feels very well made. I have bought 8 now for myself and other, including a training (blue) tourniquet. I don’t think there’s a better brand available. Love the metal windlass.
TQ works really good. The strap lets you cinch the TQ really tight from the start so that your not having to turn the windlass as much when you crank it over. Also the aluminum windlass is also really nice because I personally feel like i have more tension and better leverage while turning it. All in all its a 5 star.
Use this text to share information about your brand with your customers. Describe a product, share announcements, or welcome customers to your store.