SOF® TourniquetSku : 84-0009
Built for Survival. Engineered for Efficiency.
The SOF® Tourniquet sets the benchmark for prehospital tourniquets. Designed for rapid one-handed and two-handed applications, the SOF® Tourniquet’s reinforced, low-stretch polyester pressure band easily slides over an arm or a leg. Its durable buckle quickly unhooks and rehooks, allowing access to confined spaces and trapped limbs.
A patented indicator wedge is stitched beneath the windlass to visually confirm when all slack is removed, ensuring an effective application. It features a patented aircraft grade aluminum windlass rod with a textured grip for consistent twisting. The windlass secures into a Tri-Ring Lock™ and Tourniquet Retention Assistance Clip™ (TRAC).
- The preferred tourniquet of elite military forces and first responders world-wide.
- The tourniquet of choice by 7/10 of the USA’s largest police departments
- Meets new ANSI standards: 100%
- JEMS Hot Product from EMS Today 2021
- Official tourniquet of the American Red Cross
- 5” machined aircraft grade aluminum windlass rod
- 1.5” reinforced, low-stretch polyester strap
- Detachable, UV-resistant, high-strength composite friction-lock buckle
- Tri-Ring Lock™ and Tourniquet Retention Assistance Clip™ for windlass securement
- Low-profile with no catch points when folded and staged
The SOF® Tourniquet was designed by Special Forces medics and has been rigorously tested on and off the battlefield. It is the preferred tourniquet for elite military forces and emergency first responders worldwide.
Watch our instructional tourniquet application guide.
Take your hemorrhage control capabilities to the next level by incorporating the OLAES® Hemostatic Bandage into your med kit!
Noteworthy Features of the SOF® Tourniquet:
1) Performance Compression Band
- Reinforced polyester webbing maximizes compression during the application process. At a true 1.5" width, the performance material glides through the Rugged Buckle for quick, snag-free operation and minimizes loss of pressure over time after application.
2) Slack Indicator Wedge
- Stitched into the Performance Compression Band below the windlass. The contrasting wedge offers a visual confirmation you have pulled all excess slack from the band. This is a critical step for proper tourniquet application and results in fewer windlass rotations required to reach occlusion.
3) Rugged Buckle
- Engineered to remove excess slack in a single fluid motion. The buckle's shape stabilizes the Performance Compression Band at any angle of engagement. The Rugged Buckle is an advanced, lightweight composite design with superior strength over previous versions.
4) High-strength Aluminum Windlass
- Machined from a single aircraft-grade aluminum bar stock, the 5.5” windlass features signature conical ends and grip-friendly texture for consistent torque. Its anodized finish minimizes impacts from environmental elements for durability in any scenario.
5) Tourniquet Retention Assistance Clip™ (TRAC)
- Conveniently holds the windlass in place until you can secure it into the Tri-Ring Lock™. The Trac provides steady handling during tough applications and enhances control for one-handed movements.
6) Tri-Ring Lock™
- Complete the tourniquet application by securing the wubdlass into the Tri-Ring Lock. It can easily be manipulated with just one hand and prevents the windlass from shifting during patient movement.
7) Time tag
- A tag for documenting the tourniquet application time.
Weight: 3.7oz / 105g
Patents: US-8,303,620 and D649,642 and 7,776,064